Every now and then, I check the latest comments on my main YouTube channel. There’s always a lot of…
- He hasn’t uploaded anything since last Christmas? I guess he gave up on making that game, after all.
- So, whatever happened to this guy? Did he completely disappear from the Internet?
- No videos in 11 months…did he die? Does anyone know if he’s dead?
This is kind of stupid, because I’m active on tons of websites. I always upload at least 2 new builds of the game every month, I document the current state of the game’s development on this blog, I post previews of upcoming content on Patreon, I occasionally stream on Twitch, and sometimes I even upload short Yandere Sim videos to my 2nd channel. YouTubers even play the latest updates when I add something significant to the game! How can anyone be dumb enough to actually think that I’m dead, when there are so many different ways to verify that I’m still actively developing the game?
Apparently, uploading a YouTube video is the one and only way to prove that you have a heartbeat. So, I made one:
As you can tell from the title and thumbnail, it’s meant to be a bit humorous.
There are a lot of things going on in this video:
- It’s one of the few videos on my channel that features voiceover narration from someone that isn’t me. The dulcet tones you hear in the first minute of the video belong to Th3Birdman. Hot damn, that man has a godly voice! And he understood exactly what kind of narration I wanted for this video!
- The production values of the video – the first minute, at least – are high above the production values of a normal YandereDev video. Color grading! Vignetting! Kinetic typography! Drop shadows! Wow!
- This is the first time I’ve represented myself using a 3D animated Vtuber avatar in a video on my main channel. I’ve been doing it for a long time on Twitch and my 2nd channel, but this will be the first time that many of my main channel viewers are exposed to “Vtuber YandereDev.”
- I cover a million different topics rapidly in a very short timeframe! I explain why I haven’t been around, I describe everything I’ve been working on, I describe all of the places where I’m active, and I try to communicate – with the force of a sledgehammer – that people should, at the very least, check my blog before they assume I’m literally deceased.
- Midori returns for the first time in several years, portrayed by her original voice actress, the talented Caitlin Myers! I hope that the fans appreciate it!
I worked hard on this one. Even though it’s only 3 minutes long, it took a lot of preparation and work. It’ll be one of the only two videos that I will upload in 2022, so I wanted it to paint a nice, positive picture of the current state of the game’s development.
Yes, that’s right, you read that correctly – I’ll be uploading one more video this year. All of my yearly traditions are very well-known at this point, it should be extremely obvious what to expect. But, I still hope that you will look forward to it and enjoy it when it comes out!