There was a bug in the latest build that wasn’t absolutely game-breaking, but was definitely easy to notice. I don’t want people to waste their time reporting a bug that has already been fixed, so I’m uploading a new build with that issue resolved – along with various other improvements and fixes.
To see a list of everything that has been added/changed/fixed/improved in the latest build, please scroll down past this phenomenal cosplay by @cos._.prince1395!
Table of Contents
Iron Maiden Improvements
- The act of pushing a victim into an iron maiden and slamming the doors shut on them now has a unique animation, rather than a temporary animation re-purposed from elsewhere in the game!
- It is now possible to push someone into the iron maiden just because they are close enough, rather than only being able to push someone inside if they are following you.
- It is now possible to clean the interior of a bloody iron maiden by approaching it with a mop drenched with bleach water.
- The “Rival turns head to look at a boy she is attracted to” feature has been removed from the game. It was extremely buggy, it looked janky, and nobody ever used it to determine what rivals were attracted to. However, rivals will still blush when they are nearby a boy they are attracted to, so you can use that to determine which rivals are attracted to what traits, if you really wish to.
- From now on, whenever the player is shoved by a student, the “shover” will move backwards a little bit. This should prevent the player from repeatedly being shoved by the same person while trying to get away from them after being shoved by them.
- From now on, befriending a student will instantly give that student a green outline in Yandere Vision (as opposed to having to wait until the subsequent day for the outline to appear).
- Made small additions to the area where Moeko lights a fire so that the area isn’t so barren (and has a reason to have a watering can present).
- If the player used the “Pool’s Closed” sign to change sunbathing students’ routines, they would avoid the pool in the morning, but would try to return later in the day. Also, if they didn’t notice the sign in the morning and first encountered it later in the day, they would ignore it. These bugs have been fixed.
- Previously, students did not react in any kind of meaningful way to the sight of the player shattering a glass display case. From now on, students will react negatively to it, and the student council will send you to the guidance counselor for it.
- If a girl changed her routine after learning that the school pool was closed, there was a possibility that she would go directly into her lunch routine instead of her class routine. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player lost a struggle, the game’s depth-of-field effect would not update properly, causing the game over screen to appear blurry. This bug has been fixed.
- It was possible for Mission Mode to randomly generate a mission that involved a weapon which had been removed from the game. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player lost a struggle, the “struggle bar” would remain onscreen throughout the “lost a struggle” animation. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player put a corpse in a body bag in front of a mirror, the mirror would not reflect the bodybag. This bug has been fixed.
- Ayano and Ryoba now have the correct “face shapes” during stealth missions.