Hiya! I’ve got a new build for you with 11 improvements and 12 bug fixes.
To see a list of everything that has been added/changed/fixed/improved in the latest build, scroll down past this beautiful artwork by saascs!
Table of Contents
Pool Sign Functionality Change
If a student is planning to sunbathe later in the day, and the player puts a sign at the top of the pool stairs announcing that the pool is closed, that student is supposed to abandon her plans to sunbathe later in the day. I’ve tested this feature many times, and it has always worked for me.
However, according to many players, there is some kind of inexplicable bug that – for some reason I absolutely cannot understand – prevents the Pool’s Closed sign from informing all students that they should avoid sunbathing. I can’t figure it out. So, I’m changing the way that the Pool’s Closed sign works:
From now on, students must walk up to the sign and read it in order to understand that the pool is closed. Yes, that’s right, students are no longer expected to use psychic powers to become aware of the sign’s presence even though they were on the opposite side of the map when the sign was placed.
This makes the feature more realistic, and will most likely fix the bug…a bug that, despite all my testing, I still have never encountered. I hope it works! Let me know if it doesn’t – specifically during Ritsuko’s week in 1980s Mode.
- The “Fantasy Sword” and “Medieval Sword” of the Drama Club have been removed from the game. I never really planned for them to be in the game; they were only included because a volunteer said, “Hey, I made these for practice, want them?” and I said, “Sure, okay I guess.” Now that an actual, proper medieval sword has been added to the game in a more appropriate location, those two old models can be removed. It didn’t make sense for lethal blades to be in the Drama Club, anyway, since a theater-centric club would have non-lethal props, instead.
- Previously, it was annoying to walk around the Foreign Studies Room, because the camera was constantly colliding with the glass display cases around the room. As of now, the camera is no longer affected by those glass cases; it’s possible for the player to position the protagonist and the camera so that there is a glass case between the player and the camera.
- It is now possible for the player to design a Mission Mode mission that requires the player to eliminate the corpse of their target by feeding it to a carnivorous plant. (The plant is now fully-grown in all Mission Mode missions.)
- Previously, the “Here are the benefits of joining this club…” window was not listing “You can get seeds once per day” as a benefit of joining the Gardening Club. That information has been added to the window.
- Anything that can be used to commit murder or destroy murder evidence is meant to have a cyan outline in Yandere Vision. Cyan outlines have been added to the kiln and the carnivorous plant in the Biology Lab.
- It is now possible for the player to design a Mission Mode mission that requires the player to eliminate the corpse of their target by disposing of their body in a kiln.
- Previously, committing murder with an iron maiden did not negatively impact the player’s sanity. As of now, players will lose sanity when killing with an iron maiden.
- It is now possible for the player to design a Mission Mode mission that involves one of the 6 weapons that was added to the game in the previous update.
- The “Sword” weapon has been renamed to “Medieval Sword,” taking the name that previously belonged to one of the props in the Drama Club.
- The icons for seeds and growth stimulant were placeholders. These icons have now been replaced with artwork that looks much better!
- If the player entered the Stalker House Stealth Mission while holding down the button to skip the intro cutscene, the intro cutscene would be skipped so fast that the screen wouldn’t even finish fading in, forcing the player to play the entire mission in darkness. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player got sent to the guidance counselor while students were supposed to be carrying food trays in their hands, those students would have empty hands after the player left the counselor’s office. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player performed a kill using an iron maiden and then immediately ran outside of the room within a short span of time, any nearby students would identify the player as actively committing murder. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player used the iron maiden to murder a student, then – under certain circumstances – the game would not recognize the student as being dead, and the student would return to school the next day. This bug has been fixed.
- If a student spotted the player carrying anything taken from the Foreign Studies room, they would react with a confused animation, but wouldn’t speak a line of dialogue about what they were seeing. This bug has been fixed.
- It was possible for the player to grab the sword right out of the display case without even unlocking or breaking the case first. Oops! This bug has now been fixed.
- If the player attempted to push a male student into the iron maiden, the student would not actually play the “being pushed” animation. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player fed a corpse to the carnivorous plant, it would become impossible to talk to any students afterwards. This bug has been fixed.
- It was possible to break open the sword display case while standing on the opposite side of the case. This bug has been fixed.
- I accidentally left a debug command in the game for testing a camera shake feature. Oops. This debug command has been removed.
- After pushing a student into the iron maiden, they would clip into the room beneath the iron maiden. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed typo on Honami’s “Come Visit The Library” flyer.