Finally – a new build where the majority of the changes are not bug fixes! That’s more like it!
For some weird reason, a lot of people had difficulty downloading the previous build. I have absolutely no idea why. I created, zipped, and uploaded the build using the exact same process as always. I really hope that people will be able to download this new build without any problems. However, just in case there are problems, I would like to remind you about something:
If you try using the launcher, and it doesn’t work for you, do not e-mail me and report it as a “bug.” There is nothing I can do for you. The launcher never changes, and the way I upload the latest version of the game never changes, either. So, if you are unable to use the launcher to download the latest update, I have no clue what the problem is, and there is nothing I can do about it. Your only option is to try using one of the other download links, and if that doesn’t work, then just wait until the next build comes out. I don’t know what else to tell you.
Actually, I released a new version of the launcher today. What changed? Only one thing: The text of the error messages. The error messages are now extremely short, and tell you exactly what to do if the launcher is not working: just give up on the launcher and use one of the alternate download links, instead! Don’t e-mail me about it, don’t post a screenshot of the error message in my subreddit or Discord…just use an alternate download link! Okay?
Anyway! With that out of the way, it’s time to share a piece of fan art. To see a list of everything that was fixed, changed, or improved in the latest build, scroll down past this absolutely phenomenal artwork by crosma666!
A new weapon has been added to the game – a scythe! Why? Because scythes are badass, and because it’s kind of sort of technically possible to rationalize the existence of a scythe in a school, since it counts as gardening equipment.
After uploading the latest build, I realized something. The “pick up scythe” sound effect is way too quiet – almost inaudible. Don’t worry, I’ll fix this in the next build.
Mission Mode Additions
For a long time, players who enjoy Mission Mode have been asking me to make several additions to the mode. It took me a long time, but I finally got around to it:
- The player can now set “must dispose of corpse by dumping it into the sewer as a condition when designing a mission.
- The player can now set “must wear a lab coat while eliminating the target” as a condition when designing a mission.
- The player can now set “must dispose of corpse in a vat of acid” as a condition when designing a mission.
- The player can now select 14 more weapons as conditions when designing a mission.
- The player can now enable “Aggressive Nemesis” when designing a mission.
It was pretty weird that students agreed to gossip about their friends, family members and crushes. So, from now on…
- If two students are in a relationship with one another, they will refuse to gossip about each other.
- Students will refuse to gossip about students that they are friends with.
- All clubmembers will refuse to gossip about each another.
- The Rainbow girls will refuse to gossip about each other.
- The Rainbow boys will refuse to gossip about each other.
- Kokona and Saki will refuse to gossip about each other.
- A girl’s suitor will refuse to gossip about her.
Two 1980s Mode rivals got adjustments to their routines:
- If the player eliminated Moeko non-lethally and she continued to attend school on subsequent weeks, she would continue to perform her routine from Week 2 – standing around in the school plaza where the “Rainbow Boys” hang out. However, if the Rainbow Boys were not present, then she would simply stand in the plaza alone, performing a thinking animation. It looked weird and unnatural, so I’ve decided to give her a new routine on subsequent weeks. From now on, after Week 2, Moeko will spend more of her time in the area where she creates fires.
- If the player eliminated Chigusa non-lethally and she continued to attend school on Week 10, her routine would change to “walk around the first floor of the school building,” which was a lame routine, since it had nothing to do with her identity or personality. From now on, her Week 10 routine will be to walk around and look at all of the clubs at school. This is justified by something in her lore; she wants to be more than just a gravure model, and she is looking for something else to try to excel at, but can’t decide what to pursue. That’s why she walks around from club to club, looking at them all.
- Changed the appearance of the leader of the 1980s Martial Arts club. The leader of that club was always meant to use the hair model that has a bandana. It was an accident that someone else was wearing the bandana.
- It should no longer be possible for the gravure idol (Chigusa) or traditional girl (Komako) to get “stuck” on the characters who follow them around school.
- On Saturday/Sunday, Ayano/Ryoba do not wear their school uniforms. So, from now on, they won’t wear their school uniforms while in town during the daytime.
- From now on, posting gossip on Kaobook will always result in a reputation penalty. -20 for untrue gossip, and -10 for true gossip.
- Added a new weapon to the game – a scythe. The scythe can be found behind the gardening shed.
- Added Miyuji’s “after club shuts down” stockings as a stocking option on the Pose Mode menu.
- It is no longer considered suspicious to hold a kitchen knife inside of the Cooking Club.
- Updated Yuna Hina’s hair model.
- Updated Sota’s hair model.
- If the player doesn’t know who the current suitor has a crush on, the suitor’s “Crush” label is supposed to say “Unknown”. This feature was working as intended while at school. However, if the player looked at a suitor’s profile while at home, the suitor’s “Crush” label spoiled the name of the rival that the suitor had a crush on. Oops! This bug has been fixed.
- If the player got blood on their shoes while wearing raincoat galoshes and then removed the galoshes, their shoes underneath would become bloody. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player went into first-person view in 1980s Mode and tilted the camera, they could easily make the camera clip through walls. This should no longer be possible.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause the game to freeze when the player tried to move past the sponsor screen and enter the title screen.
- Fixed bug that prevented one of the girls in the light music club from being able to react to Ai as she was being electrocuted on stage.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the “Listened to all Headmaster Tapes” and “Listened to all Journalist Tapes” Achievements from unlocking.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause the game to freeze when the player tried to begin the Martial Arts Club practice minigame.
- Fixed bug that prevented Ayano and Ryoba from having the correct eye shapes when in town or during a stealth mission.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to skip past Sunday if Friday night ended by attending the maid minigame.
- Fixed bug that broke character pathfinding after the player exited the Light Music club rhythm minigame.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to softlock if the player attempted to accept Gita Yamahato’s task.
- Fixed bug that activated a debug camera when the player exited the Light Music club rhythm minigame.
- Fixed bug that made Ayano’s clothing appear incorrect when in the town at daytime.