I’ve prepared a new build that fixes a lot of the bugs that were reported after the release of the Big May Update!
To read a list of everything that was added, changed, fixed, or improved in the latest build, scroll down past this beautiful Ayano cosplay by kityshouko!
- In 202X, to learn a student’s opinion on Anime / Cosplay / Video Games / Memes, you must lead them to the Gaming Clubroom, which has all of those things in it. However, in 1980s Mode, the Gaming Clubroom is just a normal room (the “Sociology Room”) so it doesn’t make sense for a student to suddenly provide their opinions on anime/cosplay/games/jokes to Ryoba just by walking into that room. One potential solution is to require the player to bring a character to other locations in order to learn about those things…but that would be complicated and time-consuming to implement, so instead, I’ve just added 4 simple props to the Sociology Classroom that would logically inspire a student to offer their opinion on those topics. It’s kind of a basic way to solve the problem, but that’s probably the way it’s going to remain for now.
- Previously, any student who was attempting to locate a dead student would give up the search about 5 meters away from the dead student, meaning that many students stopped searching just a short distance before they were about to find their target. The “stop searching” distance has been changed to 1 meter, so that students are almost guaranteed to actually locate the corpse of the student they are trying to locate.
- Previously, any student who was following a rival would walk towards them instead of running towards them. This made it very easy for the player to kill a rival by making them run someplace, which would cause all of their followers to be left far behind. From now on, followers will run towards their target if enough space is put between them.
- Updated the icons that are used for the “Generic” 1980s Mode Tasks.
- If you see someone who is very far away from you, it’s not necessarily very easy to tell if they are holding an object. However, if someone at that same distance is currently involved in a physical struggle with another person, it’s quite easy to tell what’s happening. For this reason, when the player attacks a character, every student temporarily obtains a larger “Cone of Vision”, since realistically, they would notice the physical struggle from a farther distance than they would notice a small handheld object. However, due to a bug, this larger “Cone of Vision” was resulting in students magically becoming able to notice things on the ground that they shouldn’t be able to notice, just because the player was attacking someone somewhere at school. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player was equipped with a bookbag with an item inside of it and performed a stealth attack on Nemesis while Yandere Vision was active, Ayano would remove the item from the bookbag and attack with it, because the “Attack Nemesis” button and the “Remove item from Bookbag” button are the same button. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player accepted a Task (such as the “catch a kitten” task), saved their game, and then loaded their game, the game would not properly restore the player’s progress on the task (such as activating the kitten and returning it to the location it was in when the player saved).
- If any student on the list of “Students to re-position for a rival’s week” was turned into a Sleuth (walking around with a camera, checking on students), the game would try – and fail – to make them perform both roles simultaneously. This bug has been fixed.
- Sometimes, female delinquents would become unable to reach their “sitting and eating lunch” spots, and would just spin in circles in front of the place they were supposed to be eating at. I’ve attempted to eliminate the possibility of this happening.
- If any student on the list of “Students to re-position for a rival’s week” was dead, the game would fail to execute any of the code that re-positions students for each rival’s week. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player killed Sakyu and then saved/loaded the game, Inkyu would attempt to have her “talk with sister in the morning” event by herself. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player killed Osana by attacking her and then got arrested, the game would still grant this “Attack” Achievement. This was unintentional, so it has been fixed.
- Due to a bug, each time the player performed an attack animation, every character in the school would obtain a larger “Cone of Vision”. This bug has been fixed.
- If a student was able to be drowned, and then the player dropped an object, the student’s “Drown” prompt would permanently disappear. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player purchased a Service from Info-chan and then returned to gameplay, the camera would spin around rapidly. This bug has been fixed.
- After completing Kaguya’s Task, EVERY female student at school would have pink socks, instead of just Kaguya. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player saved and loaded at lunchtime, students’ bentos would look messed-up upon loading the save. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that caused the 1980s Mode “Task Kitten” to get stuck if it collided with a trash can.
- Fixed bug that prevented a knife from appearing in Ryoba’s hand during her cooking animation.
- Fixed typo in the description for the “give a thirsty student a drink” Task.