Hello! I’ve prepared a new update containing around 40 differences from the previous build.
The number of bug reports I’ve been receiving has drastically declined, which means that I can finally start to focus more of my time on adding new content instead of fixing bugs and removing exploits. With 99% certainty, I can say that March is the month that we return to “Hey guys, check out this new feature!” builds, instead of “Hey guys, I fixed 40 bugs…” builds.
To see a list of everything that changed in the latest build, scroll down past this beautiful artwork of Ryoba and Sonoko by x_anp!
This art appears to be the “cover page” of a short manga that x_anp drew! It’s only 5 pages long, but the artwork is gorgeous! I really hope that someone translates it into English!
Actually, x_anp has been drawing tons of stunning illustrations lately! From cute ones like thisto highly detailed ones like this! Please go check out x_anp’s Twitter, because everything they draw is absolutely amazing!
Bathing Suit Mechanics
- It is now possible to shower while wearing a bathing suit, and wash blood off of the bathing suit that way.
- Because it is now possible to wash blood off of your body and a swimsuit simultaneously, the swimsuit just became an advantageous outfit. To balance this new feature and prevent it from being overpowered, characters will now react negatively to you if they see you walking around in a swimsuit unless you’re behind the school (where the pool is located). (Walking around inside of a school while wearing a swimsuit never should have been seen as normal behavior, anyway.)
Fixes and Changes
- At the title screen, Ayano/Ryoba will hold a love letter if the player’s most recent save is a pacifistic playthrough, but will hold a knife if the player’s most recent save has involved any character’s death. There was a bug that would cause Ayano to hold a knife if Ryoba had committed murder, even if the most recent Ayano save file was pacifistic. This bug has been fixed.
- From now on, when playing the Light Music Club’s rhythm minigame in 1980s Mode, the graphics will be different than the graphics of 202X Mode. (The characters are currently using silhouettes instead of colored artwork, though, since the designs of the 1980s Mode music club have not yet been finalized.)
- If the player sacrificed a club leader to the demon realm by killing them with the sacrificial knife and putting their corpse in the center of the Occult Club, their corpse would disappear, but police would still believe that a corpse was present at school. This bug has been fixed.
- Changed the hairstyle of 1980s Mode Student #75. She is one of the girls that you can kidnap for the Yakuza. I changed her hairstyle to resemble the hairstyle from the “Yakuza holding girl hostage” artwork that appeared in the video where the Yakuza was first announced.
- I reconsidered how the tarp feature should work. Dismembering a student lying on top of a tarp sheet WILL result in 6 tarp bags, but each tarp bag will be recognized by students as a trash bag that should be picked up and dumped in the incinerator at cleaning time.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to incorrectly identify the number of corpses at school as “-1” if a corpse was concealed in a trash bag before it was disposed of (by either incineration, woodchipping, acid, or dropping it into the sewer).
- There was a bug that would transform a bloody club uniform (such as an Art Club apron, a Martial Arts gi, or a Science Club labcoat) into a school uniform if it was washed in a washing machine. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that caused Raibaru to repeatedly say “Hmm” instead of reacting to Osana’s disappearance, if Osana was tranquilized and put into a musical instrument case while Raibaru wasn’t around.
- Fixed bug that caused two school uniforms to spawn (instead of one) when the player wore a raincoat over a bloody school uniform and then removed the raincoat in the locker room.
- Fixed bug that prevented any subtitle text from appearing onscreen when a rival was giving their reason for refusing to follow the player during low school atmosphere.
- Fixed bug that would cause a weapon bag or cello case to become permanently stuck on the protagonist’s back if the player attempted to equip both items at once.
- Fixed bug that could cause the camera to render the gym as invisible if the player angled their camera a certain way while on the walkway above the gym’s stage.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “She didn’t notice the note in her locker” notification to appear even if a rival did notice the note in her locker.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to break the tutorial by cleaning their bloody clothing in the washing machine instead of incinerating it.
- Fixed bug that caused the player’s camera to swing around after taking a photo if the camera had been in motion before the photo was taken.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to pick up a dropped can of brown paint if it was dropped on its side or upside-down.
- Fixed bug that caused the art club president’s painting smock to clip through a garbage bag that he was wrapped inside of.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from moving from Sunday to Monday if the player played the maid cafe minigame on Sunday.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to use the “Report Blood/Corpse” feature in circumstances it shouldn’t occur under.
- Fixed bug that would cause a smartphone to appear in a student’s hands if they were investigating a giggle in 1980s Mode.
- There is a new prop somewhere at school. What is the purpose of this prop? It’ll become apparent in the next update…
- Fixed bug that caused certain debug objects to appear on the school rooftop even if debug features were not enabled.
- Fixed bug that caused the 1980s Mode sports club’s gym uniforms to appear pure white when loading from a save file.
- Fixed bug that would cause a female teacher’s body to clip through the garbage bag that she was wrapped inside of.
- Fixed bug that prevented the reputation bar from updating its numbers and text properly upon loading a save file.
- Fixed bug that would break Osana’s Tuesday lunchtime event if the player spoke to Raibaru during the event.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from moving from Sunday to Monday if the player read manga on Sunday.
- Fixed rendering issue with the garbage bags / tarp bags that would cause them to be shaded improperly.
- Fixed bug that caused the player’s camera to continue moving after taking a photograph.
- Fixed bug that caused male delinquents in 1980s Mode to spawn in the wrong locations.
- Fixed incorrect subtitles for the Basu sisters’ conversation on Thursday morning.
- Curtains can now be opened with a button tap rather than a button hold.
- Fixed bug that would cause a dropped food tray to clip into the ground.
- Crouching in front of your Senpai is no longer an automatic game over.
- It is no longer possible to fit an entire jerry can into a bookbag.
- You can now use the “M” key to mute the music in the street scene.
- Changed the hairstyle of 1980s Mode Student #53.