Hello! This build contains a pretty wide variety of changes; a bunch of models have been replaced with much higher-quality assets, miscellaneous improvements have been made to various parts of the game, and 23 bugs have been fixed. There’s a little bit of everything!
To see a list of everything that changed, scroll down past this gorgeous illustration by Denzel Adobas!
Whoa, his artwork sure is beautiful!
Before we continue on to the changelog of improvements and fixes, I’d like to take a moment to share two recent creations with you, both of which share something in common: Over the past two weeks, not one, but two people independently created very cool remixes of the theme music that was composed for the delinquents!
The first one was made by CameronF305, who has composed a lot of music for Yandere Simulator:
And the second one was made by a Japanese fan of the game:
I love them both!
Well, with that out of the way, on to the changelog…
- Previously, characters would recognize a mop as a “bloody mop” if it had touched a blood puddle for even one frame. From now on, a mop needs to be at least 50% bloody for a character to recognize it as a “bloody mop” and thus potential evidence of a crime.
- During the “If I can’t have you…no one can” segment of SNAP Mode, Senpai leaned forward towards Ayano, which looked really weird. I asked an animator to adjust this animation so that Senpai doesn’t lean forward anymore. I’m much more pleased with the animation now.
- The text “Take off your clothes at your locker!” will now appear when a player tries to take a shower in the shower building without taking off their clothing first. (New players have difficulty figuring this out.)
- It is now possible to buy an infinite number of emetic poison bottles from Info-chan in Mission Mode, so that the player can complete a Multi-Target mission that involves killing 10 people with poison.
- There is now a “Skip” button for advancing quickly through the “Osana confesses to Senpai” cutscene in 202X.
- Slightly adjusted the 1980s Mode rivals’ likes and dislikes.
- Updated all of the models in Ayano’s room. It’s the same color scheme, so it might look mostly the same, but I assure you, everything is different now. There are also new little details – for example, at night time, the curtains of the room are no longer open.
- The railing on Akademi’s rooftop is now white-and-gold to match the white-and-gold aesthetic of the game.
- Updated Info-chan’s phone icon to more closely represent the hairstyle she uses in her new portrait.
- All of the 1980s Mode rivals now have faces that more closely match their official artwork.
- Replaced all of the models and textures in the Occult Club’s clubroom.
- Replaced all of the cover artwork for the “Life Note” manga books.
- Slightly adjusted the 1980s Mode rivals’ likes and dislikes.
- Updated the models for the gate at Akademi’s entrance.
- Updated the models for the changing booths.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from eliminating a rival with online gossip on Thursday night. Previously, if the player lowered a rival’s reputation beneath -100 by gossiping about her online, the game would not mark her as “Eliminated” until she had gone home the next day. This prevented the player from eliminating a rival with online gossip on Thursday night (since the rival’s reputation wouldn’t update until Friday at 6:00 PM). The system has been changed so that now, a rival’s reputation updates immediately as soon as the gossip is posted online, meaning that the player can now eliminate rivals with gossip on Thursday night.
- Fixed bug that would cause characters to react incorrectly to the sight of suspicious objects on the ground. If a character observed blood on the ground and then noticed that the protagonist was carrying a bloody mop, the character would instantly conclude that the player was attempting to clean up evidence of a murder, and react accordingly. However, there was a bug that would cause characters to react this way even if they had observed something other than blood on the ground. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that caused incorrect text to appear during the courtroom sequence. Previously, during the courtroom sequence, the game would display the text “The police know that she was murdered, but don’t know who killed her” while describing the death of a rival, even if a character had been framed for that rival’s death and arrested by police. From now on, that text will change to reflect the fact that the police believe they have arrested the perpetrator and that Ryoba’s involvement is not suspected.
- Fixed bug that caused students to react inappropriately to certain things while hiding in a classroom. Students will no longer become alarmed by Ayano if she is holding a potentially suspicious object in her hands, if the student is currently hiding in their classroom because they think a killer is on the loose at school. (Students fearing the presence of a murderer should ignore everything except something that is obviously alarming.)
- Fixed bug that prevented Cooking Club students from realizing that they should put their plate of food away before attending a meeting that had been scheduled through a note in their locker. (Cooking Club students will still refuse to attend a meeting until they are done handing out food, since they prioritize it above mysterious meetings with anonymous people.)
- Fixed bug that prevented a raincoat from updating its appearance accurately if the player wore it while stained with blood.. Wearing a raincoat while stained with blood will now cause some blood to get on the raincoat. (It was always intended to work this way, and the fact that it didn’t work this way previous was an oversight.)
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to get stuck in a weird state if the player challenged a delinquent to a fight while the delinquent was wet with liquid. Delinquents will no longer try to fight you if you attack them while they are splashed with liquid and running to change their clothing.
- Fixed bug related to the “learn a student’s opinion” feature. If the player spoke to a student, learned their opinion on a specific topic, and then reset the day, the game would remember what the player learned, even though the day had been reset. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that was preventing many student accessories (hoodies, loose socks, smartphones, scarves, glasses) from activating/deactivating their outlines when the player enabled/disabled outlines from the Settings menu.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to forget that they were supposed to be taking out the trash if the player spoke to them while they were transporting garbage to the incinerator.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the game from being able to properly save the positions of the first-placed pins-and-string on the corkboard in the protagonist’s room.
- Fixed bug that prevented any student from being able to report a suspicious object if the first student to witness a suspicious object that day was dead.
- Fixed bug that causes some rivals’ hair models to appear solid white in the “kidnapped a girl and tied her to a chair in your basement” cutscene.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to teleport into a locked room during SNAP Mode if the closest weapon was in a room that had been locked.
- Fixed bug that made it possible to use the “Stab” Prompt on Raibaru even after she had separated from the mind-broken slave she was fighting.
- Fixed bug that made Raibaru unable to pathfind to a radio if the radio was activated after she sat in a chair for the first time in the day.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to react to any weapon as a murder weapon if they were aware that a killer was on school grounds.
- Fixed bug in Alphabet Killer Challenge that caused the protagonist to be visible while “cloaked” and turn invisible when “uncloaked.”
- Fixed animations for female delinquents so that their bodies and faces don’t stretch out when they perform their talking animations.
- Fixed bug in the Alphabet Killer Challenge that caused the game to lag for a moment when switching between cloaked and uncloaked.
- Fixed bug that made it difficult to use the “Stab” Prompt on Raibaru when she was struggling against a mind-broken slave.
- Fixed bug that caused 10 rings to appear on Nemesis’ fingers.
- Fixed typo in the 1980s Mode Cooking Club Leader’s subtitles.