Oops! There was a bug in the previous build that prevented the player from being able to complete the tutorial. That’s no good! Bugs that impact the tutorial are a super-high priority, since bugs like that would have a very significant impact on a new player’s first impression of the game. So, I decided to release a new build right away with the tutorial bug fixed, along with a handful of other fixes and improvements as well.
To see a list of everything that was fixed or improved, scroll down past this haunting illustration by @saacs! (Some of their art is NSFW, so keep that in mind if you plan to look up more of their work!)
- Some weapons (like the occult club) look outwardly dangerous. Other weapons (like earphones) look normal and innocent. Previously, the headmaster would instantly taze you if he saw you holding any weapon, even innocent-looking ones. From now on, he will only taze you if you’re holding something that looks dangerous, not if you’re holding something that looks innocuous.
- More surfaces (like the bridges and stones in the zen garden areas) now produce the appropriate sound effects.
- The protagonist’s shoes now make a different sound when walking on wooden surfaces.
- If the player used a strangulation weapon to commit murder, the weapon’s outline would turn orange in Yandere Vision. This was incorrect, since only “evidence that can get you arrested” should appear orange in Yandere Vision, and blood does not appear on strangulation weapons, so they can’t ever count as murder evidence. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player murdered a rival by pushing her from the school rooftop and making it look like a suicide by leaving behind a suicide note, the Calendar screen would still state that the rival was believed to be murdered. This was a bug, and has been fixed.
- If the player killed a student by pushing them off the school roof, the Stats screen accessed from the Calendar screen would count that student’s death as two deaths instead of one. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player attempted to splash Osana with liquid while she was on her way to her Monday rooftop event with Senpai, Osana’s pathfinding would break. This bug has been fixed.
- Due to a bug, it was possible to perform a frontal attack with a garrote, instead of being required to stand behind your target in order to strangle them. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player attacked Raibaru or a teacher with a garrote, they would be stopped, but the garrote sound effect would still play. This bug has been fixed.
- There was a bug that prevented the player from being able to advance through the tutorial. This bug has been fixed.
- After strangling a male victim, the victim’s eyes would appear incorrectly. This bug has been fixed.