There were some bugs in the previous build that weren’t completely game-breaking, but were being noticed and reported by a lot of people, so I’ve decided to release a new build with all of those issues fixed.
To read a list of everything that was added, changed, fixed, or improved in the latest build, scroll down past this absolutely beautiful artwork by AlyaFebrianaDe1!
As of the previous build, it became impossible to complete a Multi-Mission that involved killing multiple people by crushing them with a dropped object, because the bucket-weight method was removed, and the air conditioner unit could only be dropped one time.
As of now, it is possible to kill people by dropping a heavy weight on them from the school rooftop – the same heavy weight from the gym storage room that is used to drown Osana in the school pool.
The best way to do this is to arrange a meeting “Behind The School” and then drop the heavy weight from the school rooftop.
To confirm that it’s now possible to kill multiple students with this method, I performed the following Multi-Mission:
It was an interesting challenge, since I had to do some planning / preparation ahead of time (leaving bodybags and a mop near the headmaster’s statue) to pull it off without attracting too much attention. I recommend that you give it a try!
- From now on, when performing a murder that involves the school rooftop (such as pushing someone off the roof or dropping an air conditioner unit on someone) a button prompt will appear to give the player the option of watching a close-up view of the victim’s death.
- Earbuds feel like a modern invention, but actually, earbuds existed in the 1980s! They were even white, like the Apple earbuds of modern day. The appearance of the earphones available in the 1980s Mode Light Music Club has been updated to reflect this.
- When drowning Osana, the player’s sanity dropped much more quickly than intended. It now drops at a slower, more reasonable rate that reflects the calm and slow-paced nature of the elimination.
- Rivals no longer agree to do favors for the player or go to the matchmaking spot unless the player has raised their reputation to a certain number. (The current week of gameplay times ten.)
- The earphones in the Light Music Club have been moved to another table, since they table they were previously placed on does not appear in 1980s Mode.
- Added a new render to Teiko’s introduction cutsene, since she was the rival with the smallest number of renders, and she really needed another one.
- The shoe lockers at the entrance of the school were super low-resolution! It looked awful. Their models and textures have been improved.
- You can now have the “Void Goddess” instantly kill any student by highlighting that student and then pressing the “X” key.
- It is now possible to select the strangulation weapons (garrote, etc) as the required weapons for Mission Mode missions.
- A single new prop has been added somewhere at school. It is perfectly square and mounted on a wall. Can you find it?
- Rivals no longer agree to do favors for the player or go to the matchmaking spot at lunchtime.
- The protagonist will now play a short, subtle animation when opening/closing doors.
- Befriending a student will now unlock their student profile.
- Replaced the “loose hair” Ryoba hair model with a new one.
- Made a slight adjustment to the positioning of the teacher desk in class 2-2 to attempt to fix the “teacher gets stuck and can’t pathfind back to her desk” bug. However, I’m not sure if I actually fixed it, since the bug happened inconsistently to begin with. Let me know if she still spins while trying to make it back to her seat.
- I’m not sure how many players actually used the “Save Pose” or “Load Pose” feature, but I fixed a bug that would cause a character to load a completely incorrect appearance if the Save/Load pose feature was used on a teacher, student council member, or bully.
- If the player attempted to use the “Find Student Locker” bulletin board to find the locker of a student who had not yet appeared in the game, the “locker arrow” would appear and float in the middle of the locker area. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause strangulation weapons to teleport to the school fountain if they were dropped immediately after a strangulation animation, before they had returned to their normal position in the player’s hands.
- If the player attempted to drop a corpse into the school pool or against a chain-link fence, the corpse would get stuck on an invisible wall and hover in midair. This bug has been fixed.
- The final sentence of Gema’s task implied that he would be changing his appearance tomorrow rather than the day his task was completed. That statement has been removed.
- If the player attempted to attack a teacher with a garrote weapon, the player’s attack would be countered, but the animation would not play. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause a completely stationary air conditioner to be recognized as a lethal object that should instantly kill students upon touching them.
- If the player tried to attack Osana while she was mourning the death of Raibaru, the strangulation animation would not play. This bug has been fixed.
- It was possible to hand a garrote to a mind-broken slave, which would cause them to use the garrote as a stabbing weapon. This bug has been fixed.
- I accidentally left some debug commands accessible in Yanvania and Magical Girl Pretty Miyuki! Oops! Those debug commands have been removed.
- Fixed bug that would cause a “walking on grass” sound effect to play indoors when the player was beginning to walk up a flight of stairs.
- Fixed bug that would prevent some of the delinquent girls from being able to sit at their designated lunch spots during Sumiko’s week.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to put objects larger than weapon bags (bleach, water cooler, human torsos) inside of weapon bags.
- If the player attempted to use any strangulation weapon to kill Nemesis, the animation would not play. This bug has been fixed.
- The 1980s “pool photoshoot” cameras were appearing in 202X near the school pool. This was an accident. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player used any strangulation-based weapon in Mission Mode, the wrong sound effect would play. This bug has been fixed.
- Due two a bug, two characters would attempt to eat lunch sitting in the same seat in 1980s Mode. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that made it possible for a dropped item to fall through the ground if the game’s framerate was low enough.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to move the air conditioner around after dropping it from the school rooftop.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to put any object with an open flame (candle or bunsen burner) into a weapon bag.
- If a student carrying an object spotted a corpse, the student would not drop the object. This bug has been fixed.
- Adjusted the placement of props in the gymnasium backstage area in order to prevent certain pathfinding errors.
- Fixed bug that made it possible for time to be sped up during the cutscene where Senpai meets Amai.