Happy 2022, everyone!
Sorry for the lack of blog posts over the past two weeks; I’ve been incredibly busy with something IRL, completely unrelated to the Internet or game development. If you’re curious to hear the details, I plan to elaborate about it in a Patreon post in the near future – later today, if possible. Fortunately, I should have much more time to get work done in January as opposed to December, so my productivity should return to normal levels this month.
The first day of a new year seems like a pretty good time to write up a summary of where we’re currently at in the game’s development, what I’m currently working on, and what I plan to focus on next. I’ll make sure to elaborate about that in my upcoming Patreon post.
In other news, I’ve prepared a big update for you today! To see a list of everything that is new, fixed, or different in the latest build, scroll down past this absolutely beautiful artwork by Naho Natsumaki!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- It is now possible to perform certain actions by tapping the relevant button instead of holding it until a circle fills up. Currently, the only two actions that this applies to are throwing stink bombs and opening/closing doors. This will be tested on other interactive objects, as well, to see if it’s feasible to upgrade other objects in this way without interfering with the functionality of the object.
- Upon picking up a key that was dropped by a dead student, their key ring will now disappear and a message will appear at the top of the screen confirming that the player has obtained a key. This change was made to prevent players from becoming confused and unsure whether or not they picked up the key or not.
- Typing “d e b u g” during school gameplay will now make it possible for the player to use the skull in the occult room to travel to the demon realm (as long as they have stained the ritual knife with blood, of course).
- Updated the hair texture for the “Huntress” easter egg. (It is the most outdated easter egg and should probably be removed or re-designed, but it’s too low priority to justify spending much time on it right now.)
- Changed Ryoba’s line of dialogue for apologizing to students for carrying a weapon while splattered with blood. (The previous line of dialogue was identical to the line Ayano says, which references the Internet.)
- Once you have put a weapon inside of a bag and are wearing the bag on your back, you can now pull out the weapon and equip it with one button press, instead of having to drop the bag just to pull out the weapon.
- School atmosphere penalties have been adjusted. If a student disappears, School Atmosphere will drop by 10%. If a student’s corpse is discovered at school, School Atmosphere will drop by a further 10%.
- Teachers will no longer react to the sight of Yandere-chan throwing a stink bomb when they are guarding a corpse (they are not concerned about petty misbehavior when deaths are occurring at school.)
- Fixed bug that would prevent the game from acknowledging that the player possessed lethal poison in their inventory, preventing the player from putting lethal poison into a rival’s bento.
- Any student guarding a corpse will no longer react to stink bombs (they can put up with a smell for a few moments if they are busy with the important duty of guarding a dead body).
- Fixed bug that caused “bully graffiti” to appear on Musume’s desk when the player advanced time from classtime to lunchtime, even if Musume had not been targeted for bullying.
- Adjusted the year that the game takes place; Ayano’s story is now set in 2023. The timeline at the end of the 1980s Mode bonus cutscene has been adjusted accordingly.
- The light switch in the 3rd-floor east girls restroom is meant to be broken in 202X. Due to a bug, the light switch was actually functional. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to shoot magic energy in the Miyuki AR game even if time was frozen and a text message from Info-chan was onscreen.
- Fixed bug that prevented Ayano’s new hairstyle from showing up as an option when customizing a female student using Pose Mode.
- The “HairTemplate.png” texture in the Streaming Assets folder has been replaced with the new hair texture for Yandere-chan.
- Fixed the “upon completing delinquent’s task, game doesn’t allow you to exit conversation with delinquent” bug.
- A corpse wrapped in garbage bags will now have an orange outline around it when viewed in Yandere Vision.
- It is no longer possible to enter SNAP Mode while an easter egg is active, because this would cause bugs.
- Adjusted the hair models and textures of the 202X Photography Club (except for the club leader Fureddo).
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to summon the 1980s Mode “Stats” screen in the 202X calendar screen.
- Subtly adjusted / improved the hair models for some of the male and female students in 1980s Mode.
- Fixed bug that caused the shape of Ryoba’s face to change when wearing a towel in the locker room.
- Updated the portraits for some of the 202X characters (Raibaru, Osana, faculty members).
- The act of carrying a candle throughout school is now considered suspicious behavior.
- Any suitor who sees you attack a rival will now attempt to apprehend you.
- Fixed incorrect text for Info-chan’s “Decapitate Osana” Scheme.
- Fixed broken textures on the floor of the school locker room.