There was one really annoying bug in the previous build that was frustrating a lot of players, so even though it’s a bit early, I’m releasing another bug-fixing build. It doesn’t just contain one bug fix, though; it contains a set of improvements, mostly aimed at improving the experience of the Kokona Tutorial sequence.
To read a list of everything that was changed or fixed in the latest build, scroll down past this cute animation by 1tata1tata:
- If the player tries to distract a student with a giggle, but the player is standing extremely close to a corner when they giggle, then the student will not fully walk around the corner while investigating the giggle. This can lead to players getting frustrated when they try to complete the “Final Test” tutorial, which involves using giggles to distract students. To prevent this problem from occurring, I have placed wooden crates nearby corners so that players cannot stand too close to corners while giggling. This way, the “Empty Husk” characters will always have to walk a significant distance in order to investigate a giggle, and the player shouldn’t encounter too much difficulty while trying to complete the tutorial.
- During the Kokona Tutorial, the “(Student Name) heard a giggle” notifications were disabled so that the UI could be as clean and minimal as possible. However, this actually made the tutorial very frustrating, since the player wouldn’t be able to tell whether or not a student had heard a giggle. From now on, “(Student Name) heard a giggle” notifications will display during the Kokona Tutorial.
- If Raibaru discovers a dead body and tells Osana, they will begin fleeing school. If the player killed Osana while Raibaru and Osana were fleeing school, Raibaru would not react. This oversight has been corrected; Raibaru will now react if the player kills Osana while they are both fleeing school together, even if Raibaru is not looking directly at Osana when it happens.
- When Mina is giving you her Task, she says that there is mud inside a building in the Zen garden. But the mud she’s talking about was actually on the ground outside the building. Whoops! I’ve decided to move the muddy shoeprints inside of the building, so that the Task is consistent with her words.
- It is no longer possible to send a student to their locker at lunchtime. This is because it’s too easy to exploit this mechanic to make a rival instantly become extremely vulnerable at lunchtime.
- There is now a washing machine in the “Final Test” of the Kokona Tutorial.
- Time was not frozen during the tutorial, which meant that it was possible for the clock to keep ticking forward and eventually reach classtime, at which point the tutorial characters would believe that they were in class. This bug has been fixed.
- If a student heard a scream while they were in a “drownable” state and they walked over to investigate the scream, the “drown” option would remain above their head, even though they were nowhere near a source of water.
- It’s no longer possible to perform the “Sneak Panty Shot” during the tutorial, since it wasn’t intended (and Ayano has no reason to think of taking panty shots until after she meets Info-chan).
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to activate the “Sent a photo to Info-chan” code during the tutorial, even though Info-chan is not meant to be accessible during the tutorial.
- Fixed bug that would cause Raibaru’s corpse to stand up while inside of a garbage bag, if she was electrocuted and put into a garbage bag during Osana’s Monday phone event.
- When Himeko changed her clothing in the shower building, her belongings didn’t appear at her locker; they appeared off at some other girl’s locker. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player was in the “aiming camera” state when exiting the Photography Tutorial, the player would be stuck in aiming mode afterwards. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause Raibaru’s pathfinding to glitch out if the player giggled nearby her during Osana’s Thursday “rest on the school rooftop” event.
- If the player chose certain hairstyles for Senpai, those hairstyles wouldn’t appear on Senpai’s head in the Pre-Tutorial cutscene. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would prevent any character from reacting to a dropped weapon if the weapon was inside of a “trespass zone.”
- Fixed bug that caused Kokona’s head to appear bald when viewed through Yandere Vision in the tutorial.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kyuji to “slide” across the ground while he was admiring Osana.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kuroko to get stuck when pathfinding through the Gaming Club.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the game from loading save files properly.
- I have begun to replace one of the animations in the intro animation. It’s not 100% finished yet. So, if it looks a bit janky at this point in time, don’t worry about it. It’ll be changed/fixed/improved.