I spent the majority of the past 15 days working on the upcoming tutorial for 202X Mode. I’ve uploaded a short video preview of it to my Patreon page, if you’re curious to get an early look at it.
15 tutorials are planned, and so far, 12 of them are completed. I’ve created a Trello page where you can see a checklist of what has been done and what remains to be done on the tutorial:
However, I wouldn’t recommend compulsively refreshing the page every few seconds to check for updates. Over the next few days, I won’t be working on the tutorial; I’ll be working on some videos that I plan to release before the end of the month.
The tutorial is going to involve a short cutscene and some voice acting. The tutorial won’t be “complete” without that cutscene and voice work, so even if I finish all of my work on the tutorial, I won’t release it until I have received and implemented the required animations and voice acting.
The animations I require are already in development, and are turning out great. I haven’t requested the voice acting yet, because I’m still finalizing the script, but it will be requested soon.
Since it’s tradition to release a new build on the 1st and 15th days of every month, I’m releasing a build today. However, it doesn’t have very many significant changes over the previous build; unlike some of the builds I’ve released earlier this year – which had over 100 changes and fixes combined – this build has a meager 10 changes and 12 fixes. Still, it’s tradition to release a new build every 2 weeks, so here it is.
To see the short list of everything that was changed / fixed in the latest build, scroll down past this amazing artwork by OMGayano!
Changes and Improvements
- The floor texture in the gym is now higher-resolution. Since it’s the largest mesh in the game, it needs a high-res texture, or else it’ll look very obviously blurry and low-quality. It was worth updating this texture, since the gym is featured prominently in the game’s tutorial, and as the first environment that new players will see when they play the game, I want it to leave a good impression on the player.
- The faceless girls who laugh at the protagonist during the low reputation game over are now using the hairstyle of Sumire Saitozaki, Ryoba’s first victim. Symbolism!
- The student portraits that recently received unique poses have reverted back to using the default pose.
- Ritsuko now has polished fingernails that match her official character artwork.
- The headmaster is no longer present at school during the 1980s Mode tutorial.
- Uekiya will now drop her shed keys after she is tranquilized.
- Replaced Sumire’s hair model. (The Sumire of 202X.)
- Kokona and Saki now have colored socks.
- Replaced Horuda’s hair model.
- Replaced Beshi’s hair model.
- If the player took a photo of Senpai to unlock the “Speed Up Time” feature, and then advanced to the next day, the game would forget that the player had a photo of Senpai on subsequent days. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause the protagonist to permanently freeze in place if she tried to take a shower while wearing a swimsuit while holding an object that was not an article of clothing.
- Fixed bug that would cause Raibaru to fail to enter her “arm breaking” animation if it was triggered shortly after Raibaru had become alarmed by something.
- After a student reported a dropped weapon to a teacher, that student would fail to revert back to their normal walk animation. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed incorrect notification when the player tried to enter the counselor’s office during circumstances where entering her office shouldn’t be allowed.
- Fixed bug that would prevent students from perceiving a weapon as “misplaced” even though it was significantly far away from where it belonged.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from losing reputation points after annoying a student by giggling repeatedly in their presence.
- Fixed bug that prevented Raibaru from going home as intended after she changed her shoes, if she had been selected for bullying.
- It is no longer possible for blood pools to spawn floating in the air above the stairway that leads up to the school pool.
- Adjusted the hitbox of the scythe so that it shouldn’t appear to clip or float in as much as it did before.
- Fixed bug that caused Raibaru to sit in midair nearby her desk if she had been selected for bullying.
- Fixed bug that was causing Ayano to use the incorrect running animation in the street scene.