EDIT: The “Steal Sakyu’s Ring” feature is not working in this build. If you wish to use that feature, please wait until the next bug-fixing build is released.
New build! 18 improvements, 48 bug fixes! That’s a pretty big update, I’d say!
Want to read a full list of everything that was changed or fixed in the latest build? Scroll down past this gorgeous artwork by Bbreaad!
By the way, Bbreaad also made this absolutely adorable artwork:
Oh my god!! So cute!! I should have featured this artwork when I released the build containing the 4 Martial Arts Club tasks – it would have been so appropriate!!
- Someone pointed out that when a character is kidnapped and tied to a chair in the protagonist’s basement, the clothing that they wear in the basement does not match the same clothing that they were wearing when they were kidnapped. It would be possible to program the game to remember what clothing a character was wearing at the time they were kidnapped and make them appear in that outfit in the basement, but this feature would require constant “maintenance” every time a new outfit is added, so it would be more trouble than it’s worth. Instead, all kidnapped victims in Ayano’s basement will be dressed in rags, instead. They will also wear rags when appearing as mind-broken slaves at school, as well.
- The “steal ring from Himedere” mechanic was too awkward and confusing for many players, so the “girl takes off ring at lunchtime” event has been removed from the game. Now, the method for stealing a ring from Himedere is to splash water on her and steal her ring when she leaves it unattended in the locker room.
- From now on, if a student’s Persona changes (such as when a rival survives their week and their Persona changes from “Lovestruck” to “Snitch” or something like that) the text in their Student Info page will update to reflect this.
- From now on, when the player discovers a student’s “Crush” (such as when they speak to the rival’s suitor and confirm that the suitor has a crush on the rival) the text in their Student Info page will update to reflect this.
- Previously, it was impossible to complete a Mission Mode mission that involved killing Raibaru with fire, because Raibaru dodged all liquid. From now on, it will be possible to splash Raibaru with liquid in Mission Mode.
- Previously, it was impossible to complete a Mission Mode mission that involved getting Horuda to respond to a note in her locker. From now on, Horuda will respond to any note that involves bullying in Mission Mode.
- From now on, if a student’s “Crush” changes (such as when a rival survives their week and they no longer have a crush on Senpai) the text in their Student Info page will update to reflect this.
- Added several decorations to the front of the school exterior to make it look more fancy. If the fans approve, these kinds of decorations will be added to the rest of the school too.
- From now on, after a student has entered into a relationship, the “Student Info” screen will update to reflect the fact that they are now in a relationship with someone.
- When playing the maid cafe minigame in 1980s Mode, the protagonist’s sprite will now look like Ryoba instead of Ayano.
- Ayano’s smartphone background is now darker in Lovesick Mode and Mission Mode to suit the dark themes of those modes.
- Updated Efude’s hair model, which was supposed to have a little paintbrush sticking out of her hair.
- Updated the 5 female delinquent hair models for the first time since 2016.
- Updated the hair models of the 1980s Mode Drama Club.
- Updated the student council girls’ hair models.
- Updated Sakyu and Inkyu’s hair models.
- Updated Itachi’s hair model.
- Updated Uekiya’s hair model.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to have hearts around their head during the “walking home to commit suicide” part of the End of Day sequence, if she was matchmade on the same day that she decided to kill herself.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from being able to complete the 1980s Mode tutorial if they changed their clothing in the locker room before dumping Sumire’s body in the incinerator.
- Fixed bug that would cause the protagonist’s textures to become glitchy if she stepped inside/outside the school after activating the Alphabet Killer Challenge cloaking device.
- Fixed bug that would cause a delinquent to forget about leaving school if he was attacked by the protagonist while on his way to exit the school after he had witnessed blood.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from remembering the fact that the Headmaster should be absent from his office at lunchtime when loading a save that was made at lunchtime.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze if the player reported Osana to the counselor and then got sent home by the counselor for misbehavior immediately afterwards.
- Fixed bug that would cause the protagonist to freeze permanently if a student council member attempted to apprehend her while she was using the flaming knife easter egg.
- Fixed bug that prevented Gema’s appearance from updating if the player told Gema to update his appearance and then attended class before Gema could complete the action.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to identify a dead student as a “student in the vicinity who can witness wrongdoing” when attempting to perform a suspicious action.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from learning Osana’s opinion about violence during the “Osana walks around school and gives her opinion on everything” event.
- Fixed bug that caused Osana’s “putting two bentos on desk” event to freeze if the player played the Light Music Club rhythm minigame while the event was occuring.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to apprehend the protagonist for wearing a swimsuit if the teacher was guarding a corpse when she spotted the protagonist.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to pick up the garbage bag box in the tutorial if it had fallen down onto the ground at an odd angle.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from adjusting the amount of sanity that Ryoba loses when committing murder after she had updated her Psychology stat.
- Fixed bug that would cause a character to get permanently stuck if the player attended class while that student was checking their locker for a note.
- Fixed bug that would cause Ayano’s textures to get all jacked up if the player activated the DDLC easter egg and then walked outside of the school.
- Fixed bug that caused Osana to instantly snap back into her normal school uniform if she was alarmed while she was sunbathing at the pool.
- Fixed bug that caused Horuda’s corpse to teleport if the player picked her up and then dropped her after crushing her with a bookcase.
- Fixed bug that prevented Raibaru from playing a death animation if she was attacked while running to the infirmary with a headache.
- Fixed “Bloody footprints stop appearing” bug, which I thought was fixed in the previous build but actually wasn’t fixed after all.
- Fixed bug that prevented the music club members from having the correct appearances when being held in Yandere-chan’s basement.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Info-chan from displaying a student’s information on Ayano’s phone during Mission Mode missions.
- Fixed bug that caused Chigusa to run in place at the photoshoot if she was splashed with water while on her way to the shoot.
- Fixed bugs that caused Itachi’s club leader armband to clip into his arm after he changed into his swimwear or gym uniform.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to automatically skip the next Sunday if the player read manga at night on Friday.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to perform the “get hair tangled in fan” elimination method on rivals in 1980s Mode.
- Fixed bug that caused brown paint to turn into water when the player poured it out of a bucket on the school rooftop.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Sleuths from realizing that they shouldn’t follow their targets into locker rooms.
- Attempted to fix bug that could freeze the player if they stabbed a student using the flaming knife easter egg.
- Fixed bug that caused the protagonist to throw a box of bang snaps instead of throwing individual bang snaps.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from accurately tracking the cello case’s position when saving and loading.
- Fixed bug that caused some of the models in the Headmaster’s office to be using the wrong textures/shaders.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers in 1980s Mode to turn solid white when the player deactivated outlines.
- Fixed bug that prevented blood from appearing on the magical girl wand when it was meant to appear bloody.
- Fixed bug that would result in a bunch of boys stalking Chigusa even when she was a mind-broken slave.
- Fixed bug that caused female delinquents to speak with male voices when rejecting food in 1980s Mode.
- Fixed bug that caused teachers to have white outlines around their bodies in Yandere Vision.
- Fixed bug that caused a green dot to appear on Ayano’s profile picture on the Stats screen.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to break the 1980s Mode tutorial using the water cooler.
- Fixed bug that allowed players to clip through the counselor’s doors and enter her office.
- Fixed bug that prevented ex-rival girls from reacting correctly after witnessing a murder.
- Fixed bug that caused the 9th rival to permanently stand in one place on the 10th week.
- Fixed bug that prevented Yandere Vision from working in the Asylum stealth mission.
- Fixed bug that caused an invisible hitbox to appear inside the headmaster’s office.
- Fixed bug that caused the school pool to cast really weird shadows onto the ground.
- Fixed bug that caused the “Sneak Panty Shot” feature to be extremely unreliable.
- Fixed bug that caused Ryoba’s bust to have an incorrect size while in town.
- Fixed bug that prevented the radio’s remote control from working properly.
Also Worth Mentioning
Some of the artwork for Ayano and Ryoba on the official website has been updated! Go take a look!