I usually only update the game on the 1st and 15th days of every month – but there were a couple of bugs in the most recent build that were actually making some of the game’s content inaccessible, so I’ve decided to release a new build where the bugs are fixed.
To read a list of everything that was added/changed/fixed/improved in the latest build, please scroll down past this super-cool artwork of a male version of Megami drawn by Izumi! (The art style is supposed to resemble the art style of “Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan” – the game franchise that inspired the rhythm game osu! and also the character of Ryuto Ippongo.)
- If you try to add poison to a student’s bento while someone can see you – or while standing too close to the owner of the bento – you won’t be able to do it. From now on, whenever the player meets the criteria for not being able to put poison into a bento, a notification will appear onscreen telling the player exactly what the reason is, and who is currently too close / watching them.
- From now on, when a student is inside of the gym storage room where you can tranquilize students, the “remaining patience” countdown timer circle above their head will deplete at 10% normal speed, to give the player plenty of time to manuever them into position (and reduce the chance that the player will stab them with syringe 1 second after they have stopped qualifying for tranquilization).
- There is now an animation when the player uses the copying machine to print copies of posters or flyers for student tasks. (Eventually, when a photocopier model is added to the game, the animation will be updated so that the protagonist’s hands touch the correct places of the new model.)
- It is now possible to drop a heavy weight from the same place where the player can drop an air conditioning unit, after the air conditioning unit has been removed. Hopefully, this will make “eliminate multiple students by crushing them” Multi Missions more feasible.
- Students will no longer investigate the sound of screams that come from the shower building, since it would be weird to have boys walking into the girls’ shower building or anyone is spending their time “investigating” a place where people are known to be nude/bathing.
- From now on, the timer in Mission Mode will always count down at a consistent speed, instead of counting down faster/slower depending on whether or not the player is speeding up time or using Yandere Vision.
- From now on, if you’re playing with a PlayStation controller, the loading screen / Controls screen will display a PlayStation controller instead of an Xbox controller.
- Since Raibaru cannot be poisoned on Thursday, the Schemes menu has been updated to note the fact taht Thursday is not a valid day to try the Poison Raibaru scheme.
- Characters who are on their way to drink water after eating a salty snack will no longer get distracted by dropped objects on the ground.
- If the player immediately interrupted Osana+Senpai’s morning interaction event, immediately interrupted Osana+Raibaru’s morning interact event, and then saved and loaded the game, Sakyu and Inkyu would have their morning interaction event in the wrong location. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player instructed Horuda to kill Raibaru, Horuda would attack Raibaru during the phase of the day where she is spying on Osana, which could result in Raibaru exiting the “fighting Horuda” state and enterting the “talking with Osana” state. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player arranged a meeting with a student in a place where it was possible to push or drown the student, and then used a stink bomb to make the student leave the meeting area, the push/drown prompt would remain above the student’s head. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player did absolutely anything that would cause a caution sign to appear at the bottom-left corner of the screen (a sign that the player appeared outwardly suspicious to other students) the caution sign would never go away. This bug has been fixed.
- During the Alphabet Killer Challenge, if the player changed clothing, activated the cloaking device, and then deactivated the cloaking device, the player would return to default clothing (their school uniform). This bug has been fixed.
- If the Gardening Club shut down, the Gardening Club leader’s routine would change. Due to a bug, the leader was getting stuck and spinning in circles instead of properly pathfinding to their destination. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player spoke to a student and then that student was distracted by the sight of another student being splashed with water, the player would lose the ability to talk to that student. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player accepted the stalker stealth mission from Osana, saved their game, completed the mission, and then loaded their earlier save file, the mission would register as completed. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player advanced the “Yancord” conversations with Selene2005 and then reset the week, the Yancord conversations would not return to what they were at the beginning of the week. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player dismembered a corpse and the dismembered body parts spawned as blue tarp bags, and then the player saved and loaded the game, the blue tarp bags would not respawn. This bug has been fixed.
- If Horuda was killed at certain times per day, her corpse would create an invisible collision box that made it very difficult to interact with her corpse or nearby objects. This bug has been fixed.
- If a teacher observed the player fighting a delinquent at the exact moment that the player ended the fight, the player could run around freely with a teacher chasing them. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player got a pair of gloves or a raincoat bloody and then removed the gloves/raincoat, the dropped gloves/raincoat would not be bloody. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player joined the Sports Club and then saved and loaded their game, their running speed would increase every time the game was loaded. This bug has been fixed.
- In a recent build, the player lost the ability to rotate the camera while spying on Senpai and a rival interacting with one another. This bug has been fixed.
- If the Gardening Club shut down, the camera shot of the Gardening Club would not render most of the Gardening Club’s models. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed grammatical error in the sentence that displays on the Mission Mode menu when your mission is to kill a target with a pair of earphones.
- Due to a bug, it was impossible to succeed at gossiping about any of the “rainbow” characters in 1980 sMode. This bug has been fixed.
- The changing booth inside the girls’ shower building lacked any collision boxes. This oversight has been corrected.
- Due to a bug, it was impossible to pick up the cassette tapes in Ayano’s basement. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player went to town in daytime, the sky would be solid black. This bug has been fixed.
- Fujie Haijima’s hair was clipping through her body when she ran. This will no longer happen.
- Due to a bug, it was impossible to poison Raibaru’s bento. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed typo in the description for the “Ruin Osana’s Reputation” Scheme.
By the way…
If you’re thinking, “Hey, this doesn’t look like a lot of work, YandereDev!” please keep in mind that I often spend my time working on upcoming content that won’t be fully revealed until it’s completed. (However, I do post previews on my Patreon, so if you subscribe, you might see some interesting things.)