Hello! I want to tell you what’s new in the latest build! But…how should I do it? Well, I suppose I have two options: I could describe it in a blog post, or I could make a video about it. But…both methods have their drawbacks. Writing blog posts is tedious. Making videos is very time-consuming, and a lot of hard work.
But…what if there was a middle-ground? A way to create short and informative videos that feature animated visuals, without spending many hours recording and editing footage?
Let’s give this a try:
If this type of video is fun to watch, I can do it more often in the future.
Anyway! For a full list of everything that changed in the latest build, click Continue Reading:
Changes and Additions
- The headmaster now has 17 voiced lines in the 80s. 5 for when you enter his office and stand far away, 5 for when you enter his office and stand really close to him, 5 for when you walk around inside his office with a cardboard box over your body, 1 for when he is delivering a eulogy at a dead student’s memorial, and 1 for when he is shooting you with a tazer.
- If the Light Music Club closes down, the 5 musicians of 1980s Mode lose access to their instruments. This resulted in a bug where the musicians stood on stage during Ai’s week without instruments. This bug has now been fixed; they won’t perform on stage if their club has been shut down.
- Added a portable bunsen burner to the game. This is to allow the player to set students on fire even if the Occult Club has been shut down and the player has lost access to the candle. The portable bunsen burner is found in the Chemistry classroom.
- The “Use Photo of Senpai to Restore Sanity” feature now deletes the photo from Ayano’s phone, to explain why it cannot be “Used” again and why she loses access to the “Gaze at photo of Senpai to speed up time” feature.
- From now on, if the player runs into a student soaked in gasoline while holding an open flame (such as a candle or portable bunsen burner) other characters will recognize this as a deliberate murder attempt.
- The boys who follow Chigusa around school in 1980s Mode will now stand further away from her when she is meeting with someone, such as when she’s talking with Ryoba on the school rooftop.
- Type the letters “M E D I B A N G” while at school to change Yandere-chan’s outfit to the outfit designed by the winner of the Medibang Art contest!
- The training dummy in the martial arts club was not broken until 202X, so it will no longer be depicted in a broken state in 1980s Mode.
- The protagonist’s footstep sound effects are now “bare feet” sound effects when the protagonist is wearing the martial arts club attire.
- Removed the “Change Shoes” button, since it became non-functional after shoe-changing began to happen automatically.
- The act of picking up a collectible in the asylum no longer makes a loud clunking noise.
- All teachers now have different bust sizes instead of each having identical bodies.
- Improved the appearance of the planters on the school rooftop.
- Updated the textures for Mai Waifu, Midori, Pippie, and Ryuto.
- Updated the clothing that Ryoba wears in the street scene.
- Updated the character models used by the 202X teachers.
- Updated Himedere’s hair model.
- Updated Kiba’s hair model.
- Fixed bug that caused a student to become unable to enter certain states (such as sitting and eating food) if they heard a giggle, then spoke to the protagonist while on their way to investigate the giggle, then tried to enter another state.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from acknowledging that the player had sabotaged an interaction between a rival and Senpai if the day ended because the clock reached 6:00 PM instead of because the player left school and went home.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the game from realizing that Osana had been eliminated if she had been defeated using the gossip elimination method, but the last blow to her reputation had been dealt with overnight internet gossip.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from accurately remembering which items the player could/could not bring to school if the player destroyed a bring-to-school item and then used the Reset Week feature.
- Fixed bug that prevented characters from reacting properly to notes in their lockers (such as Sleuth characters, which are supposed to be able to react positively to 5 different types of notes).
- Fixed bug that caused a character to perform their running animation while moving at walking speed if they were distracted by a dropped weapon by performing a running animation.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze after the guidance-counselor-talks-to-rival sequence if the sequence was triggered between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to forget whether or not the wooden training dummy in the Martial Arts club was fixed or broken when loading a save file.
- Fixed bug that prevented the 9th 1980s Mode rival, Chigusa, from having an outline around her bodies in Yandere Vision while she was wearing a swimsuit.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to falsely register a rival as “eliminated” if the player was arrested on the same day that the rival was arrested.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to forget how much blood shuld be on Ayano’s shoes if she walked from indoors to outdoors, or outdoors to indoors.
- Fixed bug that caused the player to become permanently stuck if a student council member broke up a fight between Ryoba and a female delinquent.
- Fixed bug that prevented the Science Club students from having outlines around their bodies in Yandere Vision while they were wearing lab coats.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to freeze if a student council member was electrocuted while running towards the protagonist to pepper spray her.
- Fixed bug that caused Ayano’s hair to not be properly aligned with her head during the “hallway full of corpses” part of the intro cutscene.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to fail to be able to pick up weapons that had been dropped on the ground in very specific places.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the game from resetting the status of completed/uncompleted Tasks when using the Reset Week feature.
- Fixed bug that prevented the weapon bag of the Alphabet Killer Challenge from supporting the “Equip/Conceal Weapon” feature.
- Fixed bug that caused the protagonist’s face to change into the female base model’s default shape when wearing a raincoat.
- Fixed bug that prevented the Headmaster’s 5th “You’re standing too close to me” voice line from playing in 202X mode.
- Fixed problem with Kuroko’s hair that made the lighting/shading change drastically depending on the camera angle.
- Fixed bug that prevented the 202X delinquents from saying their voiced lines when the player approached them.
- Fixed bug that caused the player to throw a box of stink bombs when attempting to throw a single stink bomb.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from being able to pick up the remote control if it fell face-down.
- Fixed bug that prevented the garbage bag box from updating its position/rotation when loading a save file.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Uekiya’s keys from appearing on her hip as they were supposed to.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to put a burning candle inside of a bookbag.
- Fixed rendering errors with Koharu’s hair model.