Hello! I’m back with a new build. To read a list of everything that was added, changed, fixed, or improved in the latest build, scroll down past this absolutely adorable animation of Supana created by blue_nori_snow!
New Behavior After Club Shutdowns
Previously, if a club shut down at school, the club’s former members would gather outside of the closed club and talk. This was kind of weird and dumb and awkward, and I knew that I could do better than that, So, from now on, ex-clubmembers will do something different after their club shuts down:
- Former Cooking Club members will socialize in the Home Ec room.
- Former Drama Club members will continue practicing and discussing acting in the school gym.
- Former Occult Club members will continue walking around school and investigating “The 7 Mysteries of Akademi.”
- Former Art Club members will continue sketching things around school.
- Former Light Music Club members will continue practicing with their instruments around school.
- Former Martial Arts Club members will continue practicing martial arts in the Zen gardens around school.
- Former Photography Club members will socialize outside of their closed clubroom, just like before.
- Former Newspaper Club members will socialize next to the blank, empty “School Newspaper” bulletin board.
- Former Science Club members will socialize in the Chemistry Lab.
- Former Sports Club members will continue running on the running track.
- Former Gardening Club members no longer have access to watering cans, so they can’t water plants, but they will still perform an “arranging flowers” animation on the plants around school. (It looks buggy for one of them, but I can’t fix this without animator assistance.)
- Former Gaming Club members will continue to play their Miyuki AR game around school.
Also, from now on, all ex-clubmembers will go home as soon as Cleaning Time ends, since they no longer have any club activities to stick around for.
A few students are exceptions. For example, after the Light Music Club shuts down, Miyuji sulks on the rooftop, but the 1980s Mode club leader practices guitar outside of the room that was once her clubroom. Uekiya doesn’t have any flowers to water, so when her club shuts down, she wanders around the school plaza admiring the trees and whatnot. Gema is a loner, so he plays a handheld game alone instead of walking around school playing the Miyuki AR game like his former clubmembers.
New Inventory Screen
The previous Inventory Screen really sucked – it was almost more of a debug screen than something you’d actually expect to see in a video game. I’ve updated that screen to be much more presentable, and hopefully, much more readable:
I want each of those squares to hold an icon, not a string of text. However, in order to do that, I would first need icons for each of those objects. An artist is currently working on that task, and the artwork that has been produced so far looks amazing! Hopefully, all of the icons will be finished by April 15th so that they can be included in the next update.
I’ve got two things to say about student portraits!
First, I’ve updated the general “style” of 202X Mode student portraits. I’ve added some post-processing effects, and also a “sakura petals falling from cherry tree” background to each portrait. If most players dislike it, I’ll change it back to how it was before.
Second, all students in 202X mode are now posing in their Student Profile pictures!
- During the “Final Test” tutorial, a “checklist of all evidence to clean up” appears on the left side of the screen. Previously, this checklist was onscreen permanently, even when the player hadn’t killed Kokona yet. From now on, this checklist will only appear after the player has killed Kokona.
- In 1980s Mode, it was impossible to poison rivals on Tuesday, because rivals would spend their lunch break reading Senpai’s book instead of eating. From now on, rivals will read for 300 seconds and then eat their lunch afterwards, so that the player can poison rivals on Tuesday if they wish to.
- The player’s current amount of money will now only display when money is relevant, such as when the player is nearby a vending machine The amount of money will also display whenever the player is talking to a student, picking up money dropped by Info-chan, or pausing the game.
- Previously, carrying around a 50kg weight was not considered suspicious. That’s actually pretty weird and suspicious behavior, so from now on, students will react negatively to it.
- From now on, when crafting bang snaps at the workbench, the resulting 3D model will look like a bundle of bang snaps instead of looking like a boxed product with branding on it.
- From now on, when murdering Osana using the rooftop fan blades, anyone in the vicinity of the fan blades will hear it and run over to investigate.
- Players should now get a higher framerate in the delinquent beat-em-up minigame if they are playing the game with shadows disabled.
- When Chigusa is cycling through poses for her photo shoot, she will no longer use any of the tough/aggressive/delinquent poses.
- Students will no longer recognize you and wave at you if you’re wearing a mask.
- While testing a feature, I used some primitive 3D objects (capsules) to help me position some objects. If the player performed certain actions that involved leaving and returning to the school scene (like playing the Light Music Club rhythm minigame or the beat-em-up minigame) those capsules would become visible. Oops! This bug has been fixed.
- If a student was targeted for bullying, but the player killed that student before lunch break, the bullies would perform their bullying animations at the dead student’s desk at lunchtime, even though the student was not present. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player killed a student disposed of their corpse, saved the game, loaded that save, and attempted to go to class, the game would erroneously believe that a student’s corpse was present on school grounds. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player used the “Send Home” feature on a student and then immediately got sent to the Guidance Counselor, the sent-home student would not proceed to the next part of the sent-home process. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player picked hairstyle #7 for Senpai, the color/texture would be wrong during the Intro cutscene, and it would be invisible during the pre-tutorial cutscene. Whoops! This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze after completing Togo’s task if the player had killed a male character and put his body into the incinerator before doing Togo’s task.
- When the player told Raibaru to go to the Martial Arts Club, she would perform a bowing animation and then stop animating until her voice line ended. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause Senpai to appear bald if the player gave him Riku’s hair and then advanced to the Thursday “stalk Senpai and Osana as they watch to school” scene.
- If the player used the Science Club’s vat of acid to dispose of a weapon, the “Dispose of Weapon” part of the Police Checklist would not update. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to walk around with the School Newspaper onscreen if Yandere Vision was active before they interacted with the School newspaper.
- If the player disposed of Amai’s corpse by burying her, the game would fail to detect that the Amai Challenge had been completed. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player tried to dispose of Nemesis’ corpse using the woodchipper, it wouldn’t work. This bug has been fixed.
- Female delinquents were using a male animation when reacting to murder. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that prevented Kuu Dere’s task description from appearing on the task list screen.
- Fixed bug that prevented the “POOL’S CLOSED” sign from keeping students away from the pool.
- Fixed bug that would cause the wrong stat to level up when reading manga at school.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to use a bucket of weights to kill Senpai.
- Mind-broken slaves will no longer wave hello to the player.
- Fixed typo in the description for Budo’s Task.
- If the player tried to rotate the camera before gaining control of the protagonist at the beginning of the schoolday, the camera would spin around once the player gained control of the protagonist. This ancient bug that has existed for years has finally been fixed.
Do I have anything else to say? As a matter of fact, I do:
Check out this adorable animation of a sleepy Supana by blue_nori_snow!
Heck, have another one!