Darn! There was a bug in the previous build that prevented the player from being able to open certain doors around school. What a blunder! I’ve prepared a new build where the problem is fixed – along with a few other fixes and improvements.
To see a list of everything that was fixed or changed, scroll down past this beautiful artwork by x_anp!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- If the player used the “Week Select” menu to befriend every student in school, they would never be able to perform Togo’s task, and therefore never be able to unlock access to the Yakuza. This problem has been solved; using the “Week Select” menu to befriend students will now automatically unlock access to the Yakuza.
- If the player obtains rat poison, alcohol, or cigarettes while at school, and brings those items home, those items will now appear as options in the “Bring Item To School From Home” menu.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from realizing that the player had used up lethal poison obtained from the Yakuza and shouldn’t be allowed to bring it from home to school anymore.
- Fixed bug that caused an unconscious student to wake up and exit the music case if the player reloaded a save file after putting a sleeping student into the case.
- Fixed bug that caused the “Bring Item To School From Home” menu to be a bit glitchy after bringing an item from home to school on a previous day.
- Fixed bug that caused certain students (primarily the Gaming Club) from correctly returning to the proper location when the player loaded a save.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from realizing that a bottle of lethal chemical poison had been removed from Ryoba’s inventory.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to open the doors of the gardening shed, greenhouse, or tea house.
- Fixed bug that caused the pyromaniac rival’s barrel to perpetually be on fire at all times in both 1989 and 202X.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from joining the Newspaper Club in 1980s Mode.