I’ve got two things for you today! The first thing is a new build of the game, with some bug fixes and adjustments. The second thing is…a rap battle between Yandere-chan and Osana Najimi! Yes, that’s right! You can see the battle here:
Fixes and Changes
- Updated some of the sanity-based killing animations so that the victim’s body would not wind up too far away from their position at the beginning of the animations.
- Fixed bug that was causing a shadow to appear over Yandere-chan’s face if the player activated the panty censor before or during Tornado Mode.
- Fixed bug that was causing the “Befriend/Betray” cutscene to break if the player had chosen the 6th school uniform.
- Changed the functionality of Blade Hair Mode. The original functionality was too difficult to activate.
- If school atmosphere is low, the school’s loading screen will be different.
- Fixed clipping problems with a few of Yandere-chan’s hairstyles.
- Sanity-based killing animations are now activated by default.
- Added twelve new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added one new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Fixed typos in the game’s credits.
This has nothing to do with the game’s development, so you can just ignore the following text if you’d rather not listen to me talk about anything unrelated to Yandere Sim:
Y kysa lymmat “Heur” ec lusehk uid dutyo. E’ja paah yhdelebydehk drec kysa vun y jano muhk desa. E’s cunno, pid E ypcumidamo HAAT du dyga y tyo uvv du bmyo drec kysa. E’s kuehk du cdnays dra kysa yd dfedlr.dj/oyhtanataj
E fyc unekehymmo bmyhhehk du cdynd dra cdnays yd 12:00 huuh (eh dra BCD desa wuha). Rufajan, drana ryc paah y tamyo, yht huf E ys hud cina frah dra cdnays femm pakeh. Rubavimmo, ed femm pa jano cuuh.
Whoops! There were a couple of significant problems in the previous build. I prepared a new one for you as quickly as I could! There was also a problem that was preventing the launcher from giving people the latest build of the game; I’ve fixed that problem, too. You can scroll down to the bottom of this blog post to see a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build.
This is the part of the blog post where I usually share some remarkable fan art that I discovered online. But, today, I want to give the spotlight to a very different type of fan-made content. A Russian gentleman has produced a series of videos where he superimposes himself into Yandere Simulator’s school, and interacts with Yandere-chan and the other students. I think that’s sooooo cool!
When I first started working on Yandere Simulator, I never would have imagined that it would eventually inspire people to create videos like this! It’s a very silly video, but I still think it’s awesome, and I simply HAVE to share it with you. Even if you don’t speak Russian, you’ll probably be able to follow the plot anyway:
Okay! Now, on to the changelog:
Fixes and Changes
- Fixed bug that was causing the game to load all student portraits every time the Student Info menu was opened – instead of only loading them once – which had the side-effect of causing the game to run out of memory and crash for some users.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to strip off bloody club clothing (such as the martial arts gi or the painter’s frock).
- Fixed bug that would cause the fountain to be brightly lit at all times of day, regardless of the current amount of sunlight.
- Fixed bug that would cause female randomly-generated students to spawn in a completely broken state.
- Changed the brightness level of some textures so that they are not blindingly white at noontime.
- The Cyborg Ninja easter egg now makes Yandere-chan immune to Senpai and teachers.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Kuu Dere to spin in circles on the school rooftop.
- Adjusted door animation speed so that doors do not instantly snap open and closed.
- Strengthened “the first line of defense” and “the second line of defense.”
- Fixed bug that caused Yui Rio to spawn with Yandere-chan’s hairstyle.
After a long, long wait, the Matchmaking elimination method is finally implemented! You can learn all about it here:
Here’s a full list of everything that is new in this build:
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to stop walking towards the bathroom if she noticed Yandere-chan doing something suspicious on the way there.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s mask to become splattered with blood if she was wearing a mask while tranquilizing another student.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to instruct students to go distract someone who was naked / bathing.
- Fixed bug that caused Midori to continue sending text messages even after she had just witnessed murder.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to hear the sound of fire when a mind-broken slave was spawning.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s hair to turn invisible while getting a Game Over.
- Fixed graphical bug with Yandere-chan’s “twin drills” hairstyle.
- Fixed bug that would cause “Evil” students to call the police.
- Gave the nurse a more gentle face.
- Gave Oka Ruto a new choker.
- Improved the model for the hill that the mythical tree stands on top of, and moved the hill.
- Improved the sound of the piano in the Light Music Club.
- Added a static effect to the screen when the player attempts to run out of the school grounds.
- Added a corridor of cherry trees outside of the school.
- Added Tasks for Pippi, Ryuto, and Kokona’s suitor.
- Made it possible to learn 5 of Kokona’s likes and 5 of Kokona’s dislikes.
- Selected a “suitor” for Kokona (he can be seen gazing longingly at Kokona).
- Added a “Love” option to the dialogue wheel. This option only appears if Yandere-chan has befriended the character she is speaking to. This option currently only works for Kokona and her suitor.
- If the player uses the “Love” option to correctly identify a character’s crush, then the Love option can be used to open a menu of three other Love-related options.
- The player can use the Love menu to make a suitor change his appearance.
- The player can use the Love menu to give a suitor a gift to give to the girl he has a crush on.
- The player can use the Follow Me command to lead the suitor to the library so raise his Intelligence stat.
- The player can now purchase a wireless headset and a wireless earpiece from Info-chan.
- The player can use the Love menu to instruct the current rival to go somewhere to meet someone special.
- The player can use the Love menu to instruct a suitor to go talk to the current rival.
- Once the rival and the suitor are alone together, the player can use the wireless headset to give instructions to the suitor as he speaks to the rival. This opens up a dating minigame.
- If the player is able to raise the rival’s Affection Meter to 100% before 5:00 PM on Friday, the rival will put a love letter into her suitor’s locker that will cause them to go to the cherry tree outside of school.
- If the player approaches the rival and the suitor while they are under the mythical cherry tree, the player will see a cutscene where the two students confess their love for one another.
- After the suitor and the rival have entered a relationship, the player can see them walk into school while holding hands and also see them cuddling at lunchtime.
As I mentioned at the end of the Matchmaking video, my next priority is going to be the Rival Introduction video. Here’s what still needs to be done:
- Re-render some of the 3D footage
- Review all voice actress’ takes and select the best ones
- Ask the composer to adjust the volume / mix of the background music so it doesn’t drown out the girls’ voices
- Slightly adjust some of the video’s timing to sync up with the music perfectly
- Give the finished video to an effects specialist who is going to help me with motion blur, color correction, and other fancy stuff like that
(I’m also second-guessing some of the decisions that I made with the rivals and with the video. There is a small chance that the video could be slightly delayed if I decide to change some of those things.)
In a best-case scenario, the rival video will be out in less than 48 hours, but in a worst-case scenario, it might take about a week to take care of everything named above (if I have to keep asking actresses for new takes, or if the composer / specialist have very little time to work on this project).
As always, thank you very much for following the development of Yandere Simulator!