I’ve uploaded a new build that fixes many of the bugs that were present in the last build!
To read a changelog of everything that is new in the latest build, please scroll down past this beautiful illustration by ZakuraRain!
I’ve been waiting so long for the Flame Demon to become relevant, so that I could finally share this gorgeous artwork with you! And now, the time has come! Hooray!
ZakuraRain also drew two other really beautiful illustrations related to Midori and the Flame Demon – one of them is old, and one of them is recent!
Changes, Fixes, and Additions
- Fixed bug that was causing the camera to be positioned at a low height during the “Summoning Flame Demon” cutscene, if the player had been crouching or crawling before initiating the summoning sequence.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to freely walk around after a group takedown animation if she was performing an action (such as an attack or dumping a corpse) while being apprehended.
- Students will now pause for a moment before performing a group-takedown, instead of instantly launching into a group takedown immediately after witnessing a murder.
- Attempted to fix bug that was causing liquid to appear on students’ bodies if they were standing nearby another student who had liquid on their body.
- Fixed bug that was causing the panty “censor shadow” to appear over Yandere-chan’s eyes, rather than her panties, during the Flame Demon easter egg.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze if Yandere-chan was aiming her smartphone camera while being apprehended in a group takedown.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to speak Senpai’s lines after catching Yandere-chan misbehaving.
- Changed the school logo on the social media website accessible from Yandere-chan’s bedroom.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Flame Demon to say his “Have a taste” line more than once.
- Removed a 3D model that was not meant to be visible.
Whoops! There were a couple of significant problems in the previous build. I prepared a new one for you as quickly as I could! There was also a problem that was preventing the launcher from giving people the latest build of the game; I’ve fixed that problem, too. You can scroll down to the bottom of this blog post to see a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build.
This is the part of the blog post where I usually share some remarkable fan art that I discovered online. But, today, I want to give the spotlight to a very different type of fan-made content. A Russian gentleman has produced a series of videos where he superimposes himself into Yandere Simulator’s school, and interacts with Yandere-chan and the other students. I think that’s sooooo cool!
When I first started working on Yandere Simulator, I never would have imagined that it would eventually inspire people to create videos like this! It’s a very silly video, but I still think it’s awesome, and I simply HAVE to share it with you. Even if you don’t speak Russian, you’ll probably be able to follow the plot anyway:
Okay! Now, on to the changelog:
Fixes and Changes
- Fixed bug that was causing the game to load all student portraits every time the Student Info menu was opened – instead of only loading them once – which had the side-effect of causing the game to run out of memory and crash for some users.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to strip off bloody club clothing (such as the martial arts gi or the painter’s frock).
- Fixed bug that would cause the fountain to be brightly lit at all times of day, regardless of the current amount of sunlight.
- Fixed bug that would cause female randomly-generated students to spawn in a completely broken state.
- Changed the brightness level of some textures so that they are not blindingly white at noontime.
- The Cyborg Ninja easter egg now makes Yandere-chan immune to Senpai and teachers.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Kuu Dere to spin in circles on the school rooftop.
- Adjusted door animation speed so that doors do not instantly snap open and closed.
- Strengthened “the first line of defense” and “the second line of defense.”
- Fixed bug that caused Yui Rio to spawn with Yandere-chan’s hairstyle.
If you’re looking for information about the latest build, click here!
There were a couple of really bad bugs still lingering around in the last build, so I decided to produce a new build that fixes those issues – and I fixed some other, minor issues, too.
Scroll down past this creepy-yet-beautiful illustration by Eisjon to see a list of everything that I fixed in this build!
- A student who is in the middle of their love confession protocol (leaving a love letter, finding a love letter, waiting under the cherry tree) can no longer be distracted by a giggle from Yandere-chan.
- Tweaked the code for the students’ pathfinding in an attempt to prevent the framerate from dropping so much when speeding up time. (At this point in time, I am not yet finished solving this problem.)
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to become stuck when trying to exit the third floor hiding spot if there was a student standing near that spot.
- Fixed bug that was causing the 4th school uniform option (the brown blazer) to appear differently on Yandere-chan than on every other student.
- Adjusted Kokona’s “insert love letter into locker” animation and added a love letter into her hands when she performs the animation.
- It is no longer possible for corpses to fall through the ground if they have been dragged onto the sidewalk outside of the school.
- Fixed bug that was causing students to become invincible while running out of school, as long as they were past the school gate.
- Fixed bug that was causing the game to become unresponsive after fulfilling Musume’s request for a box of cigarettes.
- Fixed bug that was causing mind-broken slaves to enter the “reacting to murder” state…while committing murder.
- Made the Pink Panties buff functional (it applies a boost when Matchmaking).
The Rival Introduction Video is still on the way. Once again, I apologize that it is taking so long! Thank you for your patience!