Whoops! There were a couple of significant problems in the previous build. I prepared a new one for you as quickly as I could! There was also a problem that was preventing the launcher from giving people the latest build of the game; I’ve fixed that problem, too. You can scroll down to the bottom of this blog post to see a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build.
This is the part of the blog post where I usually share some remarkable fan art that I discovered online. But, today, I want to give the spotlight to a very different type of fan-made content. A Russian gentleman has produced a series of videos where he superimposes himself into Yandere Simulator’s school, and interacts with Yandere-chan and the other students. I think that’s sooooo cool!
When I first started working on Yandere Simulator, I never would have imagined that it would eventually inspire people to create videos like this! It’s a very silly video, but I still think it’s awesome, and I simply HAVE to share it with you. Even if you don’t speak Russian, you’ll probably be able to follow the plot anyway:
Okay! Now, on to the changelog:
Fixes and Changes
- Fixed bug that was causing the game to load all student portraits every time the Student Info menu was opened – instead of only loading them once – which had the side-effect of causing the game to run out of memory and crash for some users.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to strip off bloody club clothing (such as the martial arts gi or the painter’s frock).
- Fixed bug that would cause the fountain to be brightly lit at all times of day, regardless of the current amount of sunlight.
- Fixed bug that would cause female randomly-generated students to spawn in a completely broken state.
- Changed the brightness level of some textures so that they are not blindingly white at noontime.
- The Cyborg Ninja easter egg now makes Yandere-chan immune to Senpai and teachers.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Kuu Dere to spin in circles on the school rooftop.
- Adjusted door animation speed so that doors do not instantly snap open and closed.
- Strengthened “the first line of defense” and “the second line of defense.”
- Fixed bug that caused Yui Rio to spawn with Yandere-chan’s hairstyle.
It’s finally here! Sorry for the month-long wait between updates!
Here is a list of everything that is different in the new build:
General Improvements, Additions, and Changes
- Addressed issue that was causing “bald spots” to appear in the back of male students’ heads, thanks to help from Saracen!
- Fixed bug that would cause students to sink into the ground during a low-sanity knife kill animation.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to walk “into” Senpai when he sits down at the fountain.
- Attempted to improve the smoothness of the school music loop and the bedroom music loop.
- Fixed bug that was causing the “Distract” command to be completely broken.
- Fixed bug that was causing the tape recorder menu to not be displayed.
- Changed the appearance of the game’s HUD during Mission Mode.
- Added bushes in the tree corridor outside of the school.
- Footsteps can now be heard when Yandere-chan is running.
- Corrected typo in debug menu.
- Changed “REPUTATION” to “AWARENESS”. Bad behavior raises AWARENESS. 100 AWARENESS results in a mission failure.
- Changed the appearance of the HUD in Mission Mode.
- Changed the layout of the Random Mission screen.
- Added Nemesis, and three options to control how challenging she is.
- Added “Can’t let any students witness bad behavior” condition.
- Added “Unable to speak with students” condition.
- Added “Find key and steal from safe” condition.
- Added “Avoid security cameras” condition.
- Added “Avoid metal detectors” condition.
- Added the ability to create your own custom mission.
As I said in the video above, I am finally able to make huge leaps of progress with Osana that I wasn’t able to make before, so I intend to dedicate all of my time to Osana at least the next two weeks. There are still some remaining assets that I need, so please don’t expect Osana to be 100% done by January 1st. Right now, I want to theorize that she’ll be ready by February 1st, but I am also nervous about making any promises, since the past 3 months have taught me that I usually under-estimate the amount of time it will take to create the assets that I need…
Message To Contest Artists!
I have a message for anyone who was a “Runner Up” in either of the two recent fan art contests! One of Osana’s elimination methods will involve Yandere-chan entering a room that is full of anime posters. If you would like to see your artwork featured inside of Yandere Simulator, please contact me, and I’ll describe the type of posters I need!
As always, thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!
Even though I’m supposed to be on vacation, I suddenly felt a burning desire to work on Yandere Sim, so I fixed a bunch of bugs, and now a new build of the game is available for you!
Scroll down past this absolutely amazing artwork by the super-talented Pikokko to read a list of everything that is new in the latest build of the game!
- Fixed bug that would cause certain variables (the player’s club, the player’s stats, the status of various tasks) to not be reset when retrying or replaying a mission.
- The player now begins Mission Mode with “1” in all stats (meaning that it is now possible to carry corpses in Mission Mode without joining the Gaming Club).
- Fixed bug that made the game fail to recognize that a corpse had been incinerated if the corpse was dismembered before being incinerated. (Sorry, Jay…)
- Fixed bug that was giving very thick black outlines to teachers’ glasses, causing them to look as though they were wearing large dark sunglasses.
- Fixed bug that would cause the cardiograph to appear onscreen at all times, even when the HUD was supposed to be invisible.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to complete the “Dispose of murder weapon” objective under some circumstances.
- Adjusted Mission Mode so that the black-and-red school uniform is the default uniform for that mode.
- Fixed bug that would make teachers teleport if the player pointed a camera at a teacher’s face.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to exit a mission while being chased by a teacher.
- Gave a new appearance to the Mission Accomplished and Mission Failed screens.
- You can now press the “z” key to censor panties during Mission Mode.
Okay! Back to my vacation!
…for a few hours, at least, until the urge to work on Yandere Sim strikes me again…